Hamilton Detroit FAQ
Additional seats are now being released on a regular basis for purchase through Ticketmaster.com and at the Fisher Theatre Box Office.
As of 3/19/19 the BEST AVAILABILITY can be found for performances April 9,10,11, 16 & 17.
However, check the show's Ticketmaster page to see if any last minute tickets have become available for other performances.
Enter the HAM4HAM Lottery
At every performance there are 40 tickets sold to lucky lottery winners at $10 each.
To enter to the lottery download the HAMILTON App on your iPhone or Android device, click on the LOTTERY tab and swipe to DETROIT.
You can also enter online at Hamiltonmusical.com/lottery
- You can enter the lottery beginning at 11:00am two days prior to the performance.
- The lottery closes at 9am the day before each performance and winners and "losers" are notified by 11AM
- Winners much purchase their tickets ($10 each) online by 4:00pm.
- Winners may pick up their tickets in person at the Fisher Theatre box office starting 2 hours prior to showtime.
- LOTTERY TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
- If you win, you cannot send another person in your place. YOU MUST PICK UP THE TICKETS WITH YOUR ID.
- If you win the lottery but cannot personally make it to the show, please decline the win so someone else can purchase those tickets.
Be aware of scalpers!
While it’s tempting to get tickets any way you can, there are many sites and people who sell overpriced, and in some cases, fraudulent tickets.
For the best seats, the best prices, and to eliminate the risk of counterfeit tickets, all purchases for the Detroit engagement should be made through BroadwayInDetroit.com or ticketmaster.com.
You should note that the resale of event tickets in Michigan is legal. You will find event tickets on sale at ticket broker websites. Though brokers are never the primary sales point, they access tickets by purchasing them in the same way as the consumer. Please keep in mind, that when you buy from a broker:
a. We cannot be responsible for tickets purchased through unauthorized third parties.
b. We cannot replace your tickets if they are lost or stolen.
c. We cannot issue a refund to you in case of an event cancellation.
d. We cannot guarantee that your tickets are valid and therefore, cannot guarantee admittance.
e. You may be paying much more than the ticket’s face value.
f. We cannot contact you with information regarding time changes, show cancellations or other information.
g. We cannot locate your tickets in our system.
If you are tempted to purchase tickets through a resale site, ticketmaster veried is your best alternate option. There you can purchase verified tickets from consumers who are no longer able to use their previously purchased verifieded fan ticket.
Because of the popularity of this show, our entrance procedures for HAMILTON will differ from the past. Here are some tips to help make your arrival at the show as smooth as possible.
- Arrive Early
- Doors to HAMILTON usually open at 7:00pm. We recommend arriving no later than 7:30pm to allow yourself time to park, go through the security line, and find your seat.
- Take only what you need
- All purses, bags, coats and jackets will be searched upon entry to the theatre, therefore bring as little with you as possible.
- The Fisher Theatre is a PISTOL FREE ZONE. Please leave your weapons in a secure location before arriving at the theatre.
- Prepare your tickets
- All online sales for HAMILTON were sold as MOBILE ENTRY. Have your ticket's QR Code ready to scan at the doors (see below for additional instructions on Mobile Entry).
- If you have a physical ticket, have it out and ready to be scanned at the door. If you are in a party of 2 or more, it is helpful if the first person in your group has all of the tickets ready to be scanned.
All tickets sold online for HAMILTON are sold as MOBILE ENTRY or physical tickets delivered to your home. (Most people have selected Mobile Entry). The following instructions apply for mobile entry tickets.
A limited number of organizations have been approved by the producers of HAMILTON and Broadway In Detroit to sell authorized tickets for a number of Hamilton performances in Detroit.
- LIfe Leaders, Inc
When: Thursday, March 28, 2018 | CLICK HERE for event details.
- Hillel of Metro Detroit
When: Thursday, April 4, 2019 | visit www.hillel-detroit.org for details.
- Mosaic Youth Theatre
When: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 | visit www.mosaicdetroit.org for details.
These organizations are authorized by the show and Broadway In Detroit to sell a limited number of tickets to their engagements.
Each organization is setting their own public pricing with a fundraising portion of each ticket supporting their programs. For details on ticket prices, how to order, ticket packages, etc. on these performances contact the organizations at the links provided.
The Fisher Theatre box office and Ticketmaster are unable to sell tickets for these four events. You MUST contact the event organizers directly if you wish to support their evenings at Hamilton.
There are NO ADDITIONAL benefit performances available.
Group sales are not available for Hamilton. However, group sales are available for other 2018-19 season shows. For more information on Group Sales for Broadway In Detroit shows click here.
Broadway In Detroit gift certificates make the perfect gift, however, if you are purchasing the gift certificate for the sole purposes of purchasing tickets to HAMILTON you may not be able to do so. For the purchase of HAMILTION tickets we would recommend a Ticketmaster gift card as this will allow you to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster’s Verified Fan. You can purchase a Ticketmaster gift certificate at the following link; https://www.ticketmaster.com/giftcards/digital.