Broadway In Detroit & COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Latest Update: 4/1/20 @ 5:00pm
UPDATE: Ticket Refunds for Cancelled performances
If you have a ticket for a cancelled performance and purchased your ticket through Ticketmaster online or charge by phone, you will receive a refund to the card used for purchase within 30 days. Ticketmaster is working on refunding all cancelled shows across the country, so it is taking them longer than their usual. Please be patient in this unprecedented time. If your original card has changed (lost, cancelled, replaced, etc) please email our box office with your full contact information, account number (if you have it), show date, time and seat location. Email: email@example.com
If you are a subscriber, or purchased tickets in person at the Fisher Theatre, Music Hall, or Detroit Opera House box office, scroll down for details on obtaining refunds for those purchases.
UPDATE: Due to the Governor's Stay Home, Stay Safe order, The Fisher Theatre Box Office and Broadway In Detroit administrative offices and phone lines will be CLOSED beginning Tuesday, March 24 through Monday, April 13. We will have limited staff working remotely during this time responding to email, voicemail, and social media messages as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times.
These are difficult times for the world, our nation and our industry.
Over the past several days we have had to make difficult decisions with producers and our presenting partners to cancel some of our most widely anticipated shows, shows that we were deeply looking forward to bringing to Detroit.
If you have tickets for Dear Evan Hansen, The Color Purple, and The Last Ship, you should have received notification from us that your performances have been cancelled.
At this time we expect that performances of Beautiful - May 5-17 at the Fisher Theatre, Wild Kratz Live on May 20 at the Fisher Theatre, and Summer: The Donna Summer Musical - June 9-21 at the Fisher Theatre will proceed as scheduled.
We continue to follow the direction of local, state, and federal elected officials as we implement strategies recommended by public health authorities and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in all of our theatres and offices. We remain vigilant, and we will make decisions based on current recommendations, as well as in response to changing conditions.
For nearly 60 years, The Nederlander Family has been presenting the best of Broadway shows at the Fisher Theatre and other Detroit area venues. As we face the unprecedented challenges this COVID-19 pandemic has brought us we believe in the words of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Starlight Express anthem, There's A Light at the End Of The Tunnel.
For now, however, we consider this time an extended intermission and look forward to our next opportunity to safely open our doors and move on with the show.
If you hold tickets to any cancelled performances:
If you have purchased tickets through Ticketmaster, you will automatically receive a refund to the card used for purchase. Please be aware that because of the large number of event cancellations, Ticketmaster is taking longer than its usually 5-7 days to issue refunds.
Tickets purchased directly through the Fisher Theatre Subscription or Group Sales office:
- Subscribers who purchased tickets with a credit card will be refunded to the card used for purchase. If we are unable to refund your card, we will contact you via the current contact information on your account.
- Subscribers who purchased with a check, a refund will be issued by check to the name and address on your account.
- DEAR EVAN HANSEN: Subscribers have the option of receiving a refund for your Dear Evan Hansen tickets OR applying the amount to your 2020-21 Season Renewal. Click HERE to tell our office how to manage your Dear Evan Hanson tickets.
- For group sales purchases paid by credit card, a refund will be issued to that card.
- For group sales purchases paid by check, refund check will be issued to the group leader or group organization.
UPDATE: If you purchased tickets in person at the venue box office:
FISHER THEATRE BOX OFFICE
- If you paid by credit card please take a photo of your receipt and your tickets, clearly showing their seat locations, and email them with your name, address, and phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you paid with cash, please mail your tickets with your request for refund including your name, address, and phone number to:
Fisher Theatre Box Office
3011 W Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202
MUSIC HALL BOX OFFICE (The Color Purple)
Details coming soon, please check back.
DETROIT OPERA HOUSE BOX OFFICE (The Last Ship)
Guests who purchased tickets using cash at the Detroit Opera House box office will need to return those tickets directly to the Detroit Opera House box office to receive a refund.
At this time, the box office is not open to the public. When it is safe for the box office to open, guests will be able to return their tickets for a refund by check. For questions regarding box office hours and returns, guests can call the box office at 313.237.SING (7464).
Broadway In Detroit is not responsible for tickets sold through third-party resellers. Patrons who have purchased tickets through third party resellers should contact their point of purchase regarding the resellers’ policies